A Very Correct APA Style PAPER
Looking for an example of an APA style paper? Check this one out! It points out what's important.
DOIs and URLs
The doi is preferred over the URL. Formatt it ashttps://doi.org/10.21061/jots.v39i1.a.1 or asdoi:10.21061/jots.v39i1.a.1
Author, A. (2010). How to find a doi number. The Journal of Citing Sources, 8(1). 38-48. https://doi.org/10.21061/jots.v39i1.a.1
To locate the DOI
- Look for it on the first page of the PDF of the article.
- Locate the article in the database. Try the cite button. The citation may have the doi.
- In an EBSCOhost database (Academic Search Complete, etc.) click on the article title. In the right side toolbar, click cite.
- On a ProQuest database (Research Library, etc.) click the preview. Then click cite.
- Next, Google the journal. Sometimes the journal's website will list the doi. Look for "archives" or "find issues". The doi will be with the article.
If you tried Steps 1-3, give up on the doi. Not every article has one.
Instead, paste the journal's home page URL (web address) into the reference entry. Don't use the page where the article is actually located, always use the home page.
Author, A. (2010). How to find a doi number. The Journal of Citing Sources, 8(1). 38-48. Retrieved from http://www.ThisIsTheJournalWebsite.com
Thus saith APA.