Welcome to the Physical Therapy LibGuide,
created for the Physical Therapy students of Brenau.
Purpose of this Subject Guide
The purpose of the Physical Therapy Subject Guide is to enhance the capability of students to identify, locate, and access the best evidence available for the evidence based practice of physical therapy.
The mission of the Brenau Department of Physical Therapy is to produce extraordinary physical therapy practitioners. We will provide students with learning environments and opportunities dedicated to the student’s individual development as well as the advancement of physical therapy practice. Our program is designed to accelerate and expand each student’s professional maturation through early immersion into dynamic, interdisciplinary clinical settings. Our culture will engender excellence, scholarship, altruism, integrity, interdependence and a sense of purpose in each of our students.
Our graduates will:
1. Be competent physical therapists who will continue to grow professionally by their lifelong acquisition and refinement of knowledge, skills, values and professional behaviors.
2. Be scholarly physical therapists with the capacity to routinely integrate the best evidence available into their practice.
3. Use sound clinical judgment to make optimal decisions for and with their clients.
4. Serve as principal members or leaders in interdisciplinary healthcare practice, health policy, and research.
5. Engage in efforts to provide their services to people in need locally, nationally, or globally.
The library is open to the public Monday-Friday from 8AM-4:30PM and is located on the first floor of the North Patient Tower, across from the McKibbon Chapel.
After the Stroke